Contact us at 480.451.3687 if you don’t find the answer to your question below:
1. How long will it take to get my order?
Our Aluminum and Bronze designs are stocked and may ship as soon as same day. For larger orders call to verify inventory. Our Pewter & Stone with Shell Inlay is made to order and usually ships in 3-5 business days. Call for availability. Lead times do not include shipping time. If there is a backorder on items, you will be notified within two business days of placing your order via email.
2. Can I return the tile if I don’t like it?
You have 10 days from the date of receipt to return any Bronze or Aluminum products in their original condition. Product that has been installed or handled may not be returned. Refunds will not be credited for damaged product. You will be credited the full amount minus any shipping charges and a 20% restock fee. Pewter Products and Stone with Shell Inlay are considered special orders may not be returned for any reason. We recommend purchasing a sample of these items before purchasing a large quantity to insure satisfaction. If an item is defective, we will replace the item at our cost. Any items returned without authorization will be refused.
3. I am nervous about giving my credit card information over the internet. Is it safe?
Your order will be processed 100% securely with PayPal. If you have a PayPal account, you can simply use that to pay for your order!
4. Do you offer expedited shipping?
Yes, please call 480.451.3687 for expedited shipping rates for an additional charge. Next Day, 2 Day and 3 Day Select are also available.
5. Will all the tiles be an exact color?
All of our products are handmade and hand-finished in the USA. Because of this process, each piece will show slight inherent variations.
6. How do I install AZ Hot Dots accents?
Our accent tiles install like any other tile. We suggest the following INSTALLATION TIPS:
- Use a professional, knowledgeable and experienced installer.
- Depending on what type of tile, different types of latex modified thin sets are available. CFlex Pro is suggested for the strongest bond.
- Allow the adhesive used to apply accents to dry completely before grouting.
- Cover the accent while installing to keep grout out of the design and prevent scratching.
7. How do I maintain my Pewter & Aluminum tiles?
Household cleaners such as Windex or Fantastic are ideal. Never use acid based, strong solvents or abrasive cleaners. Do not use ammonia. Use a dusting type motion being careful not to exert much force on the surface of tile.
8. How do I maintain Solid Bronze tiles?
We recommend a periodic light coat of Butcher’s Wax. Cleaning should be done with NON ABRASIVE household cleansers only. Avoid the use of harsh chemicals and solvents. Do not use ammonia. Once dry, apply a light coat of Butcher’s Wax and buff. The powder-coated tiles need only a dusting with a damp cloth.
9. Do you recommend installing metal tiles on the floor?
Metal tiles are intended primarily for wall installations but may be installed in floor applications. Be aware that while our solid metal tiles are durable, they may be scratched and may be permanently damaged or the finish may change if exposed to abrasion. This is not deemed cause for return or refund. Installation signifies acceptance and Arizona Hot Dots is not responsible for the durability of the metal.
10. What kind of surface can I install tiles onto?
Install only on stable, flat and clean substrates. Do not install directly on particle board, wood of any kind, or drywall. If you have these surfaces to work with, attach a cement backer board to the substrate to establish a flat, solid surface.
11. What about installation in submerged surfaces, like pools, spas and showers?
Water installations are relatively complex and should be handled by a professional. When installing in Hot Dots accents showers, we recommend an additional clear sealant be applied to the finished installation to ensure waterproofing. Our tiles are not intended for prolonged submersion in water because over time all metal will begin to breakdown.
12. Can metal tiles be installed outdoors?
Yes they can be installed in outdoor applications with the same considerations noted above for exposure to abrasion. It should be noted that exposure to elements such as rain, snow and temperature change can over time affect the color of metal. All metal will ‘patina’ or change in color over time and this process is enhanced by weather.
13. Can Stone & Shell Inlay tiles be installed outdoors?
We do not recommend installing Stone & Shell Inlay accents outdoors.
14. Can I cut accent tiles?
You may cut metal tiles with the a strong hack saw, jig saw (saber) or band saw using bi-metal blade but it is NOT recommended. Cutting the tiles may damage the finish of the tiles and damaged product may not be returned. We do NOT recommend cutting Stone & Shell Inlay accents.